Recommended setup for collaboration and validation

Hi. What are some of the recommended ways to set up great_expectations for a team of people to collaborate? I am new to great_expecations and still learning how it works. Coming from an application development background, I somehow was thinking it works like a CI tool but sounds like it does not. I’m curious to how other folks have set up. From watching the 201 and 301 videos on YouTube, it seems like running locally is the easiest and then if you want to go with hosted solution, you need to use something like Airflow? What are pros and cons of just going with locally running great_expectations and going with a hosted solution? If I had great_expectations setup on a CI service like Circle CI, can I run it on schedule by sending a CLI command to run all the validation suites?

1 Like

If you wanted to use all Expectation Suites to validate your data in something like Circle CI, you would need to set up a Checkpoint https://docs.greatexpectations.io/en/latest/reference/core_concepts/checkpoints_and_actions.html where you would configure the data to be validated and the suites to be used. Then you could invoke that Checkpoint via CLI or API.

Re the question of local vs non-local, I cannot answer without more details about the user’s deployment and infrastructure.

1 Like